NOTICE: Click here for important information about safe surfing from the Federal Trade Commission.
Information Collection and Use
- This policy covers how Runworks treats personal information that Runworks collects and receives, including information related to your past use of Runworks products and services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that Runworks does not own or control, or to people that Runworks does not employ or manage.
- Runworks collects personal information when you register with Runworks and when you visit Runworks pages. Runworks may combine information about you that we have with information we obtain from business partners or other companies.
- When you register we ask for information such as your name, email address, birth date, gender, zip code, occupation, industry, and personal interests. Once you register with Runworks and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- Runworks collects information about your transactions with us and with some of our business partners.
- Runworks automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, Runworks cookie information, and the page you request.
- Runworks uses information for the following general purposes: to customize the advertising and content you see, fulfill your requests for products and services, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous reporting for internal and external use.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Runworks does not accept registrations from children under age 13.
- Runworks does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Runworks under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help Runworks communicate with you about offers from Runworks and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- Runworks may display targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click on targeted ads meet the targeting criteria - for example, women ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area.
- Runworks does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences
- Runworks may set and access Runworks cookies on your computer.
- Runworks lets other companies that show advertisements on some of our pages set and access their cookies on your computer. Other companies' use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies, not this one. Advertisers or other companies do not have access to Runworks's cookies.
Confidentiality and Security
- You can edit your Runworks account information at any time.
- We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the Runworks service, such as service announcements, administrative messages and the Runworks Newsletter, that are considered part of your Runworks account, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
- We limit access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs.
Questions and Suggestions
- Runworks may update this policy. We will notify you about significant changes in the way we treat personal information by sending a notice to the primary email address specified in your Runworks account or by placing a prominent notice on our site.
Effective Date: December 3, 2004